Constipation treatmentHeal and Care Ayurveda
Natural Ways to Treat Constipation!
What is Constipation?
Constipation is a situation in which there is trouble in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces. With treated and refined food habits on the rise, constipation is also becoming a problem. The food passing from the large intestine, where a large part of the water is reabsorbed and stool is formed. This is discharged from the body, and if there is constipation, this passing of stool can be hard, painful, and may be followed by bleeding too.
Constipation is a common problem in children as well as amongst elderly people. Nowadays children eat a lot more junk food compared to adults. Treating constipation should be a purposive effort as it does not have a single solution, mostly it is practical.
- A blend of dietary changes includes all aspects like fiber; water, digestion, etc. can help in treating constipation efficiently. Drinking lukewarm water is a good treatment for constipation as it aids in cleansing the bowels.
- Ginger tea is yet another great treatment to cause bowel movements in the morning.
- A glass of warm milk with a little ghee is a good remedy for constipation.
- Having Isabgol husk with warm water or milk at bedtime helps in the easy passing of stools.
- Applying drops of lukewarm castor oil above the navel while going to sleep can help in easy passage of stools in the morning.
- Soak some raisins in hot water then let it cool down, crush and strain them. This is very useful for treating constipation in children.
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to avoid constipation but it should be divided into parts don’t drink a lot of water at the same time The artificial juices and canned drinks do not count in this, as they only make it worse.
- High-fat, processed foods, alcohol, and caffeine are major causes of constipation.
- Including small amounts of castor oil, and ghee help in lubrication and easy passage of the stools.
- Triphala, is a popular Ayurvedic preparation, it can be mixed with luke warm water and consumed to prevent constipation. This helps in the overall cleansing of the colon and it is a long-term remedy.
- Yogasans like Pavanamuktasana (Wind-Relieving pose), Yoga mudra, Dhanurasana (Bow pose), and Vajrasana have major advantages on the digestive system, including releasing accumulated gas and passage of stools.