Ayurveda and Psoriasis TreatmentHeal and Care Ayurveda
Ayurveda is an ancient and holistic form of treatment. Ayurvedic practitioners believe that every person has a different energy pattern which is made of three types. These energies are known as doshas, and they include:
- Vata energy controls bodily functions
- Pitta energy controls metabolic functions
- Kapha energy controls growth in the body
Psoriasis is said to be lifelong infirmity of the skin, where there is a rapid increase of the skin cells which causes white & red dry skin patches in affected regions. Psoriasis is non-contagious and usually affects the skin of knees, scalp, and elbows. In allopathy, it is said the cause is due to the overactive immune system and treatment involves oral medications, steroid creams.
Symptoms noticed for Psoriasis:
- Inflamed thick skin patches of white or red color.
- Soreness around patches.
- Thick, pitted nails
- Cracked, bleeding dried skin
- Emotional distress
- Painful swollen joints
- Raised skin bumps filled with pus
- Restricted motion surrounding the joints
Reasons that lead to Psoriasis:
- Change in Dietary habits & lifestyle, causing vitiation of Vata Dosha & Kapha Dosha.
- Psychological and mental stress.
- There are also several other causative factors that can be diagnosed by your doctor.
Ayurvedic psoriasis treatments
The following Ayurvedic treatments may also be used to treat psoriasis:
- garlic and onions to purify the blood
- paste of jasmine flower to relieve itching and to reduce inflammation
- guggul to reduce the inflammation
- neem to purify the blood
- turmeric to reduce inflammation, redness, and swelling
Is Ayurvedic Treatment Permanent or Temporary?
- Traditional medications believe that there is no permanent cure for psoriasis. Though, Ayurvedic treatment offers long relief, but not a permanent one.
- Our body factor system is different, and so it may cure different people at different times with the all-over effect depending upon genetics.
- Ayurvedic treatment is more effective, as it offers longer relief.
- After giving Ayurvedic treatment, it has been noticed non-returning cases of Psoriasis as compared to conventional medications.